If you’ve never been pregnant before, it’s easy to feel somewhat overwhelmed by the wide variety of options staring at you from the bookstore shelves. Staring down the baby, pregnancy, and childbirth section can be quite daunting. It’s difficult to know which books you actually need and which ones are simply being marketed to you in an effort to get you to buy even more baby equipment.
Do you need books about how to teach your baby to read before he’s two? Baby sign language? Baby bicycle carriers? Chances are, you’ll be able to get by with a few basic books added to your library.
Let’s examine several categories of books that you may want to consider, and then you can choose the book in each section that seems to work best for your family.
You may be trying to conceive or want to know about what to do to have a healthy pregnancy. Books with this information provide general and even in-depth information about the important steps for a safe pregnancy. You can read books such as the one found at http://pregnancymiraclemethod.co.
If this is your first child, you’ll likely need a general book about pregnancy and infant development. These books will help you understand the changes that your body is going through as you proceed through your pregnancy. As your infant grows inside you, you’ll understand what’s happening inside you, what tests the doctors will run, and what type of prenatal care you’ll likely need.
After your infant is born, you’ll know what development is normal, as well as which abnormal things to keep an eye out for. These books may prove to be invaluable to you as your child grows.
You may also want to purchase a general book about how to eat throughout your pregnancy. This will guide you as to how many calories you’ll need to eat during your pregnancy, since you’ll be eating for two, and will help you understand which nutrients and how many calories you should be taking in.
Once you’ve given birth, you can also use a book like this to help you lose the weight that you’ve gained during your pregnancy so that you can be as healthy as possible.
Whether you’ve decided to breastfeed or bottle feed initially, you may also want to pick out a book about feeding infants. Store purchased baby food can be quite expensive, while in many cases, once infants start eating solid foods they can eat pureed food made at home from ordinary table foods.
A book like this will have easy recipes and will guide you through the equipment you’ll need to purchase for your kitchen, as well as what basic foods your baby will be able to eat at various stages as he or she grows and develops. These easy guides can save you quite a bit of money over your child’s life.
If your child has allergies, a medical condition, or another special need, you may need to purchase additional books. Otherwise, you’ll find that this basic library will see you through the first few years and get you well on your way as you begin the adventure that is parenthood.
Getting into shape, wanting to lose weight or being healthier are some of the main reasons people go on diets. With so many diet books out there, finding the best ones can be hard. Below are a few good diet books you should consider getting.
1. Lean in 15: The Shift Plan – This diet book was written by Joe Wicks, who is known as The Body Coach, and one of the best things about this diet book is it teaches you how to eat more and exercise less in order to shift your body fat. Inside the book, you’ll find hundreds of recipes for meals that are quick to prepare. Not only does the diet book include recipes, but it provides you with home workouts you can do in order to get leaner. You’ll learn how to combine eating and exercise in order to burn fat fast.
2. Cook, Nourish, Glow – If you’re looking to go on a gluten free diet, then this is the diet book for you. It contains over 100 gluten free recipes that are all easy to prepare, and you will learn a lot about eating gluten free. Chapters are discussed in terms that are easily understood and visuals are featured throughout the book, so you will have no problems with cooking the meals in the book. Furthermore, there’s a section of the book that provides you with recipes that are designed to battle issues that relate to the gut.
3. Everyday Super Food – This is a low-carb diet book, so if you’re looking to cut down on the amount of carbs you consume daily, then this is the book for you. It was written by well-known chef Jamie Oliver. One of the best things about the book is it’s divided up into sections, including breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Each meals are rich in nutrition and both men and women can benefit from getting this book, and don’t worry because the recipes are easy to make and they taste great, even though they are low-carb recipes.
4. The Shredded Chef – This diet book caters to those who want to get ripped, and it features many high-protein meals, so if your goal is to pack on muscle and get into incredible shape, then this is the diet for you. Best of all, you won’t have to stress yourself out by counting every single calorie that goes into your mouth. There is a lot of great information in The Shredded Chef and it is one of the best diet books out there for those who want to get into shape, need help with knowing what foods to eat and for busy people who want to get into shape.
5. Eat Stop Eat – This book talks about the benefits of intermittent fasting. It guides you on how to eat and how to not eat to cut calories and get effortless weight loss. There is a lot of science in this book that shows why fasting is healthy and beneficial for everyone. There are many good results of the Eat Stop Eat protocol that you should take a look at this book by Brad Pilon.
All of those diet books are good and you can benefit from all of them. All you have to do now is decide what diet you want to follow first and then order the book about that diet. After you do that, you’ll be a step closer to reaching your diet goals.
Little Librarian is a personal library to help both parents and children love to read. This site encourages reading and imagination from the stories found in books about anything. We provide every resource you need to develop your love of reading and start building your book collection.
Reading helps adults and children learn important skills such as organizing your collection, sharing insights, and even borrowing and returning other people’s library books. Though we discuss any book here, we focus on books that help improve your health, diet, and lifestyle.
Use Little Librarian to spread the habit of reading and become an intelligent person with the resources on our site!